If you own a vehicle, you should know the most vital service your vehicle needs is oil changes. It is the most frequent service that your car will receive in its lifetime and is the most needed in terms of the performance and longevity of your vehicle. It is typically required between every 3-6 months but can vary depending on your car and the type of oil it takes. To understand what type of oil is best for your vehicle, you should refer to the vehicle's owner's manual as it is the best source for understanding specific procedures. It will also define the recommended interval for oil changes.
Your vehicle's engine oil has the important function of keeping engine parts lubricated and stable. It does manage to wear down quicker than the other fluids inside of your car, which is why you should always get in the habit of getting them done on time. You should never put off an oil change for whatever reason! Here's why:
- A skipped oil change can lead to serious engine damage, which can be expensive to fix.
- Operating your vehicle with old oil can lead to poor fuel efficiency.
- Cutting an oil change can void warranties with your manufacturer.
- A poorly maintained car can decrease your vehicle's resale value.
- A damaged engine can cause an overall reduction in vehicle performance and a rough running engine.
Overall, when you consider the expense of an oil change versus engine repair, getting your oil change on time should be the better option. You'll save yourself hundreds or thousands of dollars by avoiding significant problems, and your vehicle performance will be superior! Oil changes are easier to manage than most people make it out to be. We can easily put you down for an oil change at a time that works best for your schedule. If your vehicle is due for an oil change, please give Kwik Kar Auto Repair a visit today!